Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Check to be sure that you have everything!

Mondays are "interesting" for us...that would be my daughter and the trio (8,6,4 year olds) and me.  We decided that we would split and alternate activities with the two older children.  From 4-5:30, Todd has tennis.  From 4:45 - 5:45, Tess dances.  So, we agreed that on the first week, Tiff would accompany Todd to the tennis club, I would go to the dance studio with Tess.  Children in their respective outfits, racquet in hand, ballet slippers in bag, we were in gear and would both be on time!  Oh yeah...another year, another merry-go-round...we were riding and doing just fine and dandy!

Tiff and Todd  were in the driveway, climbing into her car as Tess and I ran out of the door to mine!  Suddenly, Tess said, "Hey Meme (that's may-may), what about Tanner?"

The four year old, was peacefully asleep on the couch!  We forgot all about him!  My solution, "Oh, Tiff, aren't you taking both boys with you?"  This brought to mind my son's question when he was growing up, "Mom, where did you learn how to take care of little boys?"

I watched in my rear view mirror as Tiff moved Rip Van Winkle into her car and strapped him in!

We know that as we check out of hotels, leave trains, planes, restaurants, and the like to "check for anything left".  My suggestion - CHECK (the couch, under the bed, etc at home) AND BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE EVERYTHING (and everyone). 

Excuse me, I'm going to sign up for a refresher in Parenting 101.  Maybe Tiffany and I can go on the "family plan"!

No comments:

Post a Comment