Wednesday, July 11, 2012

THE MAGIC KINGDOM!

The trio (Todd, Tess, Tanner) , their Mom (Tiffany) and I spent a day at THE MAGIC KINGDOM of Disney World.  It is called the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!  I am here to tell you, that it is!!!!

If we can honestly talk...my finances are a mess.  My family is, well, strained (Just ask Steve, Nick, Tiff).  But...

From the minute one steps foot on the "turf" of the MAGIC KINGDOM,  enormous burdens, grief, unhappiness are dissipated and absorbed in the atmosphere of magic and joy of children and their enchantment with the very essence of joy Mr. Disney strove so diligently to create!

I always marvel and wonder what it would be like to live on MAIN STREET, USA.  Do you know that my son's very first ice cream cone was tasted on the corner of Main Street?  I could tell and retell stories of my visits to Disney and the milestones which I/we have experienced.  But, I won't.

Directly, I will say though...

I am running to "casting" tomorrow to see what it takes to be a doll in IT'S A SMALL WORLD.  I know the song!  I could be one of the Italian children singing my heart out to visitors!  I would be happy, carefree, admired (Okay, I know that my sister was stuck going through twenty-seven times on our first trip...not so admired, after all).

On my application at "casting", my second choice would be to  move into the CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS.  Really!  I first saw THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS in 1964  at the New York World's Fair!  I thought it was brilliant at the time.  I had no idea that it was Walt Disney's "thing".  It is the longest running "show" in the history of time with the most performances.  I want to move in!  I want to just slip into the '40's and feel safe, calm, cared for.  Life seems so very serene if I could just stay there.  Did you ever want to slip into another dimension?  Another time and place?  You don't have to tell me.  But, be honest with yourself (ves).

Just in case, I have considered a third choice at "casting".  I love Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow.  I think that being involved in PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and singing that song..."Yo ho, Yo ho, a Pirate's life for me..." would be great fun and interesting to the max.  A little rugged, but, really, another time and place.  Another unreal reality!  I'm in!

Understand.  I don't want to be a smiling "cast member" giving directions, etc.  I want to BE IT'S A SMALL WORLD and move in. I want to LIVE IN THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS.  I want to BE ONE OF THE PIRATES' WENCHES whom you see and with whom you would sing along...

Todd was thrilled that he was asked to take control of the wheel of THE JUNGLE CRUISE  boat
in which we rode.  The "tour guide" asked him to join her at the helm and he drove that boat for the entire "tour" as she gave her humorous dissertation and tour. He was given credentials to return and command a tour boat again!

Tiffany and the boys went on Splash Mountain while Tess and I ventured to THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS.  Tiffany and the boys went to collect a Ghost Host to bring home from THE HAUNTED MANSION while Tess and I clapped, stomped and sang at THE COUNTRY BEAR JAMBOREE!  I treasure the time sharing experiences, happy ones with the family.  Donna, do you remember when some attractions required five tickets?  Do you remember the Castle and the teapot we bought with the money that Nana gave us? 

Tanner and my father, I believe, are in cahoots!  If you recall, I, in my Father's Day Blog mentioned my fear of a ride involving a "stick" to hydraulically lift a plane into the air as it circled a center anchor.  I would scream, "Don't touch the stick!"  While Tiff took Todd and Tess to THE GRAND PRIX, Tanner and I went to the DUMBO FLYING CIRCUS RIDE.  Uh-ha.  We climbed into our "Dumbo".  The ride began it's circle.  Tanner reached over and touched the stick!  We were flying high above FANTASYLAND!  He laughed and laughed as he made our Dumbo rise and fall!  As Meme, I stifled the urge to scream, "Don't touch the stick!"  I was not unhappy when we had our feet firmly on the ground!

While Tiff and Tess took one more spin on THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS, Todd, Tanner and I went on a SPACE MISSION with BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!  I was told to spin the ship while they blasted bad guys!  I am a Space Scout, by the way!

Dinner with Winnie - The- Pooh and Friends was delicious and the characters were so fun, endearing, patient, loving to the children!  I found myself complimenting Piglet's outfit and conversing with Tigger about autographs! 

The Electric Light Parade prompted the children to wave continuously, giggle, cheer as the brilliantly lit floats and assorted characters passed, waved, tumbled. The floats majestically twinkled.

Fireworks set the sky ablaze with CINDERELLA'S CASTLE as the focal point!  The fireworks which for an average evening take three hours to load (for New Year's Eve and The Fourth of July, it takes eight, by the way) were choreographed to music and a story!  With the finale of the fireworks, as each sparkling pattern burst, so did the heart of the audience...or at least the Trio and their Mom and Meme!

Departing THE MAGIC KINGDOM is difficult.  I wanted to stay forever! We carry with us the Memories, the Joy, the Bond that we shared the Magic together!

Thank you Walt Disney, Mickey, Minnie and all of the supporting cast for continuously reinforcing that it is possible to "wish upon a star and dreams come true"!





No comments:

Post a Comment