Friday, July 6, 2012

NAPLES, FLORIDA - THE HOME OF THE MEAN

The trio, my daughter and I were invited to spend a week at a friend's home in Naples, Florida.  This broke up visits to the Magic of Lake Bueno Vista...four days before, four days after.

The house in which we are staying is absolutely beautiful.  I mean movie set beautiful! 

The spirit of the residents of Naples, Florida is absolutely mean!  I mean, should be illegal nasty mean!  All smiles, manners, politeness have been checked and discarded at the borders of this pit of inhumanity!  Passing, no one smiles.  The service individuals and restaurant servers train thoroughly in attitude and disrespect.  The area is not child friendly at all.  Apparently, the good people (if they can be called that) were never children.  They must have been beamed down from another dimension as stony faced, intolerant adults to this Florida beach resort. 

The trio and I went to a Publix Food Store on our first day in residence.  They were showered, combed, pressed in Polo and Justice.  I was sporting my Harve Bernard and Gucci.  As we waited to "check out" the trio stood perfectly still and quietly held on to their candy bars.  (One wrong move, they knew...candy gone.)  A woman in front of us, in the check out line, wearing what I pegged as St. John, turned and scowled at us and gave a disgusted shake of her head as she passed a dirty look to me!  The clerk, checked me out, mumbled the amount due, tossed items to a bagger who slammed the items into bags and plopped them into the cart as if this was a monumental inconvenience.  The only decent person we met was a man, multitasking trying to stock freezers and had to run to the seafood counter.  He was helpful and smiled!

At restaurants on the beach, it would be better just to pack and not impose on the order takers behind the counters. No pleasantries, no personality, no expression other than boredom.

Absolutely NO ONE is pleasant.  NO ONE.  I accidentally bumped into a gentleman (I think he was a homo sapien).  I quickly smiled and said, "Oh, I am so sorry, excuse me."  He growled and frowned.  I mean he growled!  Really?

Perhaps the Naples dwellers think that by extreme rudeness and nasty attitude, they can keep out the "riff-raff".  Well, here you go Naples...

I have been a guest in the White House during the Reagan and both Bush administrations.  I (SAG-AFTRA)  have appeared in major motion pictures with assorted stars. I am a published author. I am educated,well spoken and a lady.  I worship on Sundays, I am active in a patriotic organization.  I am enormously close to my family (no kidding, remember the trio?)  I love God, my country and Mom!

I have visited Beverly Hills, Phoenix, Chicago, Dallas, Miami Beach, South Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, all Eastern Coastal States, Manhattan with a flavor of it's own, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio.  I have visited Cancun, Grand Cayman, Belize, Honduras. I have stayed in the Bahamas.  People couldn't be nicer in each locale. Our country and the islands are wonderful, their people amazingly eager to share their hearts and souls with pride in their geography.

HOW DARE YOU NAPLES,!  HOW DARE YOU?

I met three nice senior citizens and two gracious men who helped me get onto a public WIFI system.  Evidently, you were kidnapped by Aliens and dropped here accidentally.

I do not envy a Colony of Nasty Pants Men and Stony Faced Women.  I do not admire the frost that encrusts this Florida Home of the Mean.  If you choose to visit, don't trip over the smiles, manners, politeness that have been piled at the borders, since apparently they are forbidden to be brought in to Naples, Florida...The Home of the Mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment