Monday, September 24, 2012

THANK YOU! I'M FLATTERED!!!

As an author, trying to promote my book and myself, I am so happy and grateful that You read my Facebook, "Laura Macy, Author" page.  I am so excited that you read my Blogs and Tweets!  I celebrate all of you, friends and foes who "track" me!

Of course, my family and friends keep an eye on my quips and quirky humor and comments as my life unfolds.  Often I am asked, "Am I mentioned in...?" and I receive comments, "Hey, are you going to mention that...?'"  I appreciate the interest, support and enthusiasm from my very heart and soul!

It has been pointed out to me:  "Do you know that there are people in Miami County watching and reading your every word over your shoulder, so to speak, with malice?"  REALLY?  And exactly, for what are these readers/you looking?  Do you frown over my travel Blogs where my daughter, my grandchildren and I explore, laugh, dance, play?  What is detestable about my celebrations of my Father, my Grandparents?  Will you condemn my joy upon meeting people in Danville, Kokomo, St. Albert's, and Primary Village South?  Many grandparents are "Baby Boomers" and have expressed appreciation for "Not Your Grandma's Grandmother".  Have I made anyone uncomfortable when I shared my Independence Day Memories or paraded at the Dragons' Stadium with Todd?  With tongue in cheek humor, I offer "life" guides for "Affluent Men, Divorcing" and "Grandparents' Gift Giving".  Miami county doesn't encompass Naples geographically.  Hey Naples, if you don't like the Blog, get an attitude adjustment!  Did I touch a nerve when I implored the Powers-That-Be to make Deadbeat Dads "Pay to Play"?

I, with pride, have devoted my life to my family and my Church.  I celebrate my Italian Heritage, my interests, my activities, my friends, my life!  I look forward to AWAI Boot Camp (for writers), to milestones in my children's, my grandchildren's, my niece', my nephews' my sister's, my dearest friends lives!  I embrace experiences that I can share with my friends and foes alike.

So, Miami County, you have put me under a microscope?  You comb through my words with a "fine toothed" comb and a magnifying glass?  REALLY???

THANK YOU!  I'M FLATTERED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment