Wednesday, February 5, 2014

THE DOCTOR IS IN!!!

For Christmas, I bought my grandchildren:  Todd, 10; Tess, 9; Tanner, 6 Kindle Fires.  I found them on sale and thought that I made a real coup!  I did the happy dance at the savings until I purchased three chargers and three cases.  Todd downloaded at least 1,000,000 "Apps" for WWE and Minecraft, including music.  Tess found cute animal things and really good hip-hop and pop music.  Tanner acquired the aptitude for some kitchen or bakery things and then started dancing around to: "The Bird Is The Word" !!!  I thought that the dance party would never end!

Until...

Tess began downloading decorating "apps" such as "Baby Room Makeover".  Todd was developing the knack for laughing like a hyena over some office chaos game and "Kill the Boss" thing.  Tanner, well, what do you think of "Toilet Time"?  They just loved teasing me with an "app" that made a shattering/breaking sound and the screens would then look cracked.  Oh well, different?  Maybe?

Until...

I overheard the children, riding in the back seat of my car, discussing surgery, very seriously.  They were consulting each other about all sorts of major operations and the implements that they needed.  It sounded as if they were surgeons "assisting " each other.   Having to keep my eyes on the road and diligently respecting the speed limit while looking for that skunk, Trooper Davis hiding in bushes, I could not really get too involved in the mobile hospital I was transporting.

Until...

The next morning, my e-mail in-box contained confirmations from Amazon/Kindle for:

HIP SURGERY
VIRTUAL EYE SURGERY
ZOMBIE DENTIST
NOSE JOB
TONSILLECTOMY

The trio, I suppose, will be doing their "residencies" at Amazon.com.  People say that you can find anything and everything on-line, specifically on Amazon's site.  My recommendation:  On your next visit to your doctor, especially a possibly recently certified one, eye-ball his wall for diplomas and assorted wall ornaments from brick and mortar institutions, with which you are familiar.  Chances are that he might have been riding in the back of his grandmother's car performing his first medical procedure!  And, just think, on the screen before that procedure, he might have been building with the block head (literally, cube headed) Steve in "Minecraft", or playing "Toilet Time" while dancing to "The Bird Is The Word"!

Excuse me...gotta run...I don't feel well...no worries...THE DOCTOR IS IN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment