Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'VE GOT THE POWER!!!

!I am a diversified, interesting individual if nothing else.  I am creative to the max.  I have recently returned from Boot Camp.  I know, I know, I hated Physical Educational in school and had 1,000,000 reasons not to go to gym class (unless I was baton twirling during football season, or in the Girls' Athletic Association Show, primarily dancing.) By Boot Camp I mean that I attended the AWAI (American Writers and Artists Institute) four day intensive writing conference.  I am a member of the AWAI and while I am distributing my resume, I am a member of the Professional Writers Alliance.  In other words, I am a "word smith."

I have been asked, "Why write?"  Of what value are my blogs?  What purpose is served?  Don't you think that you should get a "real job"?  Well, let me share my heart and soul, or at least my thoughts on the burning question of a writer's worth.

The writer is, in my opinion, the most powerful member of society.  The writer can educate, entertain, investigate, share his feelings, can praise, berate and if copywriting - sell YOU your own Grandmother!

My book reaches into the souls and temperaments of readers with humor, giving them a call to action to celebrate their achievements large and small.  I encourage them to recognize that there are no small achievements, ever.

My blogs illustrate appreciation for various attractions experienced on trips with and without my family.  I share the joy of participating, singing, dancing, playing wherever I roam!  Many people who perform, guide, enchant, entertain are praised for  their presentations with my words.  Ordinarily, they might go unnoticed.  I share my family, my logic (quirky as it might be), find unique words to broaden my readers' perspectives about music, arts, their own families, various social situations or have a platform to celebrate my heritage.

The written word is the backbone of society.  Words advertise, words record history, words illuminate research, explain findings.  Words can make giants small; and the meek, strong and notable.  Words make us laugh, cry, think, act, pray, shop, create, indulge in hobbies, travel.  Writers share scientific discoveries, enhance their readers' understanding of medical, geographical, political issues.  Writer words reach into cores to make us realize our desires, our joy, our disappointments.  We only know of our leaders, our products, our Faith by the passion of the writer's manipulation of the written word.

It is my belief that the writer rules the universe.  The writer's only tools are his passion, in intelligence, his mastery of language and his impressions of the society, science, individuals that surround him.  Mechanics of grammar, vocabulary, a pencil or computer assist in the generation of the thoughts in a writer's mind onto the printed page, or the screen to universally rouse, shake, praise, instruct mankind.

Those of us who write are blessed - We have the talent and intelligence to write.  Those of us who write are cursed - We have the passion, the urgency, the sheer volume of so much to say and the driving necessity to "get it out there" as clearly, as efficiently, and as quirky as we think.

When I am happy, I write. When I am sad, I write.  When I am feeling quirky, funny, I write.  When I want to share knowledge, I write.  When I am impressed, enlightened, I write.  When I am disappointed with people, places, things, you, I write.  When I am pensive, I write.  When a marketer wants to entice consumers, I write.  My suggestion to friend and foe.  BEWARE!  I cheerfully absorb my surroundings, my experiences and then tap dance with my laptop to create an opus of exhausting tempo!  However, bear in mind that I am not the only person in the universe who is driven to expression through the written word.  We are many.

I embrace the blessing and the curse with gratitude.  You can bet your bottom dollar that I will keep the keys moving and the thoughts flowing!  Caution:  If in fact, the "pen" is mightier than the "sword", stand back and watch this keyboard smoke!  Got armor?

No comments:

Post a Comment