Saturday, August 20, 2011

Roughing It!

My daughter told me that the children like to camp.  Wouldn't that be fun?  "Tiff", I cringed, "do I look like I camp"?  Well, Broadway Nick (my son, theatre folk) showed us JELLYSTONE PARK in Cave City, Kentucky.  He and Andrea live in Cave City.  During a recent visit, we did pass the entrance, but I thought that it was an amusement park with Yogi and Boo Boo leaning on a sign.  So, I made a reservation!  Would we like a site or cabin, was the question posed by one of the snappy people in the "ranger station".  Between you and me, was she kidding?  "Oh, a cabin, of course!  We have two adults (I use that term loosely for my daughter and myself) and three children, ages 7,6,4."  Ranger Rita replied that there was a brand new cabin that would be ready for occupancy by the time we want to "camp". 

Yogi is definitely smarter and classier than the average bear!  We walked into a brand new log cabin complete with air-conditioning, totally modern bathroom, computerized kitchen, brand new with the tags still on them beds, roomy porch with rocking love-seat (love it), grill, picnic tables, fire rings, large, flat screened TV with 435 channels that I personally have flipped.  My grandson tells me that my finger must have gotten tired, because he found 400 more!

There is a water slide, that will slide for you, a crystal clear pool and lounge chairs that are so comfy! We went on a Hey Hey Hay Ride with Yogi and Boo Boo, got autographs, free ice cream and there are activities along the lines of the Love Boat.  Personally, I'm about ready to rock on that porch and hey, maybe learn how to whittle ,I am in Kentucky, afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment